Spiralized Persimmon Breakfast Pudding (Vegan, Raw)
This breakfast is SO powerful – it’s nutrient dense, tasty, has healthy carbs, approx 350 cals, and has 6g of protein. Most importantly, it is fun to eat! I have a feeling I’ll be calling all the recipes to come on Twirly Bites “fun” in some sort of capacity. I really like fun. Fun first.
The Sprailized Persimmon Breakfast Pudding is extremely seasonal – if you’re going to try this, do so now! Persimmons and pomegranates alike are both a lot cheaper to buy right now (in the stark of winter) than the summer.
This breakfast pudding is loaded in fibre, natural sugars, protein, and carbs. I bought my first persimmon this year and immediately spiralized it. If you didn’t see my Instagram post about persimmons already, I basically bought my first persimmon and spiralized it right away. I don’t waste time. I’m an aries, cut me some slack!
But then I bought a second batch of persimmons and realized that there’s a beautiful flower inside! Mother Nature, would you prefer to me to spiralize or to cut your fruit up?
I used to be a smoothie addict – 2014 was the year of the smoothie, right? I bought a Magic Bullet and used it at least once a day, every day, for a year. I still love my Magic Bullet (and use it regularly to create sauces!), but spiralizing has completely taken over my life and challenged just about every habitual cooking routine I have, including breakfast. Bye bye smoothies, hello spiralizing!
Alas, this pudding is a layering of all the workings of my favourite breakfast components. A smashed banana, chia seed pudding, spiralized persimmon, and topped with pomegranates. Raw, vegan, flavorful, spiralized, and dense (the good connotation of that word). Recipe below!Nutritional Information & Calories for Spiralized Persimmon Breakfast Pudding
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 Ripe Banana, Mashed
- 1 tbspn Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 tbspn Water
- Put chia seeds and water in a bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, smash the banana.
- Add the chia seed pudding and vanilla extract to the smashed banana.
- Peel the pomegranate and remove the seeds.
- Spiralize the persimmon.
- Layer in a bowl or cup softest to hardest ingredients on top. Banana/chia mixture on bottom, followed by spiralized persimmons, topped off with chia seeds.
- Shop for your persimmons carefully! Not all spiralize as well as others. Choose one that is slightly under-ripe so that firm beautiful noodles are spiralized.