Spiralized pears are more of a garnish or a dessert ingredient than anything due to their delicacy, but they are certainly beautiful and a bit of a novelty. They break apart which makes it challenging to do much with them.
Show me the Pear Recipes!
What You Can Expect
- Short soft noodles (even softer than spiralized apple noodles)
- Noodles break easily
- Either peel or leave skin on
- Trim off ends, removing stem.
- Recommended blade: 3mm
- Eat raw
- Sautee for 2-3 minutes
- Recommended applications: Desserts, garnishes, salads
- Does not store well, very watery.
- Drier varieties of pear (i.e. Asian pears) store up to 5 days, will brown
- Do not freeze