Persimmons are seasonal balls of joy that usually come the size of a healthy apple or orange. I love eating them straight up – spiralized – or in stir fries and wraps. Spiralized persimmons are great in any meal or dish that does not have a heavy sauce and that tastes good with a bit of sweetness!
What You Can Expect
- Long orange noodles
- Softer consistency, noodles that break easily (similar in durability to apples)
- When refrigerated- they become glutenous
- Wash, dry, spiralalize!
- Leave the skin on.
- Recommended blade: 3mm
- Choose a firm persimmon
- Eat Raw
- Sautee lightly for a few minutes but does not hot its shape well
- Bake within a recipe (as per recipe)
- 1 medium persimmon = approximately 3/4 cup spiralized persimmons
- Varies with size of persimmon
- Does not refrigerate well (becomes gelatinous
- Best eaten fresh